Thursday, June 29, 2006

Trip Memories - Our Warm Welcome

Our Warm Welcome


While traveling from Vermont to Pennslyvania to Kentucky to Indiana and back all within 11 days, and oh yes, with 3 children under age 4, we acquired about as many stories as we had scattered french fries through out the van.

One the first leg of our journey.. we stopped after 8 hours of driving at strangers house. Well, not exactly a stranger. This summer, NETS hired a college gal to intern and help with business operations. She happened to be placed in our bible study group the last 2 weeks before the school year ended. After study one night, we were chatting about our road trip to the midwest, she excitedly said "You have to stop and meet my parents. In fact, it's about half way, you should stay the night. My parents would love to host you." The next day, she called and told me her mother was already (1 week prior) preparing the room for us. It was so sweet and thoughtful.

As Steve and I talked about whether or not to accept their kind offer something stood out toward us. If you are a friend of the "Son" then you are a friend of the "Father". If the Son invites you to his home you are welcomed by the Father.

Not only was this a sweet illustration of the gospel, but also a sweet testimony to the scriptures of how the Lord makes us (strangers in one sense) into ONE FAMILY because of our love for Jesus.

5 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger G. F. McDowell said...

That's always cool!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger G. F. McDowell said...

So, who took the photo? Juliana or Sam???

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Julia said...

Oh, Linda, that is so neat! We have had many experiences like that and they seem to bless us more each time. Thanks for sharing the encouragment!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Homemanager said...

Linda,
Great insight and testimony! I was recently reading a book called "Guest Rooms". My husband had picked up at the library for me. It wasn't a Christian book but it had many useful thoughts about taking in guests and being hospitable. I enjoyed it so much that I went through taking notes and thinking about ways that I can open my home. We don't have a guest room at the moment, but down the road we hope to. :o)
Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my blog! Looking forward to hearing about your retreat!
Blessings!
Karen

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

Hey, how's it going?? I want to get together with you guys one last time before I leave (which will be Aug. 10.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home