Friday, April 28, 2006

< 24 hrs homecoming!


Steve has been away for a full week. They will all be back in less than 24 hrs. It is always a bitter/sweet time when He is gone. I miss him sooooooo much and yet I am so happy that He can serve the Lord during this mission trip.. rebuilding houses and sharing the gospel with our youth! While we are apart, I find myself writing a lot during that time, usually reflecting on our relationship. God has been so kind to me! My husband is such a sweet, strong, steady and sacrificing man. I praise God for the man He has given to me and the man He is conforming him to be.

How unbelievably awesome it is that God would plan Marriage to be a sweet picture of the Gospel! What a delight it is to know that my submission, delight and respect for my husband is a tiny picture of how my relationship is with my Lord Jesus. The longing I feel for Steve to return... just so that I can hear him, see him, hold him and be near him... points me to worship, pray and long for my Lord to return... with greater passion.

Rev 22:20-21
He who testifies to these things says, Surely I am coming soon. Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.

2 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Linda said...

thank you so much.. mm! It was great to have you and to get out!
Love,
Linda

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Homemanager said...

Linda,
Glory to God! Great post, Linda. The Lord does desire that our relationship be a "reflection", a "shadow" of the realty of our relationship with the Lord. That is why marriage is so precious. Beautiful picture! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home