Thursday, June 22, 2006

End of School Party & Surprise!!!


Yesterday was the End-of-the-Year Party for Senior High Youth Group. It was a great time. Steve had lots of things planned for the evening including: a cookout, volleyball, ultimate frizbee, our annual water fight and a movie. We couldn't have asked for a better night in terms of weather. What Steve didn't know was that we (a large group of the youth and I) had a secret operation. Yesterday was Steve's 30th birthday!!! YEP the big 3... 0... The plan was a group of boys were to tackle Steve to the ground while a group of girls attacked him with cool whip pies. It worked. Although we were not as sneaky as I would have liked. As Steve caught me and the girls walking out of the house with something behind our back, the boys all gathered behid him just waiting like a lion waiting to pounce. He knew something was fishy and about to happen when finally one of the boys said... ATTACK. Steve went down and we came in with the pies. What more could a youth pastor ask for than to be smeared with cool whip for his birthday. The party continued with the planned water fight which was probably the best one we have had in our 5 years of youth ministry. Everyone was drenched. The seniors were honored with a little whip cream smearing as well. (ps... that should be a warning to any of you who want to graduate in the future. ;-) The night was so warm that most didn't watch the movie but rather continued to just playing games and hang out.

What a great year for the youth group. As He continues to plan for the Summer Youth Retreat I know his continued prayer is that all the jr & sr. high would Believe and Behold the only Son of God, Jesus Christ for True Life.. Eternal Life. (John 6:40)

7 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger G. F. McDowell said...

I don't know if you could exactly call it a surprise... I think he was game for the fun of it.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

that was probably one of the best yg parties I've ever been to - thanks!! I think I will really miss it. Don't worry, I will definitely keep in touch! You guys have been such a huge part of my life.

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Linda,
I do agree with Elisabeth! That WAS one of the best yg parties ever! I think that giving us the option to continue playing outside or watching a movie was awesome!! And like elisabeth I will miss it as well! I will be here though, so I get an extra year with ya'll!! You guys have to be one of the BEST yg leaders ever and you sacrifice SOOO much!! Thank you!!

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was such an awesome party!!! I can't wait for next year!!!!!

(Although, I don't think Mr. Thiel can pull off that "whipped cream look". ;-))

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Lauralee said...

What fun! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Jessica is really looking forward to the Youth Retreat and getting to start in youth group this year. Thanks for all you do for our kids!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Homemanager said...

Hello Linda!

A "Happy Birthday!" to Steve. Sounds like you had a great youth group party.

Blessings!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

how's the youth retreat prep going?? I'm really excited!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home