Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Weekend Reflections - 3

HAPPY EASTER!!!












After church we had dinner at the home of a family from church. There was 13 of us (not including baby Juju). Dinner was excellent. Fellowship was fun and lively. It was a lovely time. Gabi loved dressing up in her new dress. Thanks to Grandma Bette for making one!!! (I've been corrected.) Much of the Thanks goes to Great Grandma Arline!!! We Love You! She loves it. She has asked to wear it several times since then (and it has only been 2 days). The family that hosted us had an easter egg hunt planned for the kids. That was especially sweet. The kids loved finding them. I don't think I need to mention that they loved eating what was inside. CANDY!!

Now that Easter is over we can finish preparing Steve for the trip down to Gulfport, Mississippi. Steve has been organizing this Mission Trip for 57 people (Youth/Adult). We are praying for their time... that it would be fruitful not only in the physical labor and reconstruction of homes but also that through the evening messages that many of the youth would embrace our Lord and long to serve Him with all their lives.

6 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda,
Thanks so much for commenting; I hope you enjoyed the link. Your family is beautiful, by the way - very cute Easter picture. It's exciting to hear that your husband is leading a group to Mississippi. I will be praying for them.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Roberta said...

Linda~
What precious treasures you have. Sounds like you had a nice day. :)
Blessings,
Roberta :)

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Kristie,
Thanks for praying for them. I can't wait to do a post about Katrina relief work.

Roberta,
Thanks for dropping by.

Blessings to you both..

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Zoanna said...

Linda, I found your blog through Nicole's (Little Christian Musings). So wonderful to meet another believer online! Your children are absolutely beautiful. Their eyes are so rich and twinkly!
I, too, love Katrina relief work (though it's been from a distance, using my sewing machine and prayer) and I enjoy high schoolers (teaching English was quite a thrill for me). I have 4 kids--3 teens--my daughter turns 17 today!--and a 4 year old boy. We have homeschooled since the beginning; my oldest chose "real school" (our church's senior high) for his final year. Stop by for a blog visit.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Zoanna said...

Linda, I found your blog through Nicole's (Little Christian Musings). So wonderful to meet another believer online! Your children are absolutely beautiful. Their eyes are so rich and twinkly!
I, too, love Katrina relief work (though it's been from a distance, using my sewing machine and prayer) and I enjoy high schoolers (teaching English was quite a thrill for me). I have 4 kids--3 teens--my daughter turns 17 today!--and a 4 year old boy. We have homeschooled since the beginning; my oldest chose "real school" (our church's senior high) for his final year. Stop by for a blog visit.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Hi Zoanna,
Thanks for stopping over. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your daughter!)
This week is going to be a little crazy with 3 kids all by my lonesome.. When my husband and the rest of the 59 person crew comes back.. I'll hopefully get to post some pictures and stories.
Blessings..
Linda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home