Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Intro to Gardening

BEFORE

Today began my first semester in ........Gardening 101.
It seems as though every time I get a plant (usually as a gift), I kill it. This year for my birthday I received a several plants (pretty violas and hardy kalanchoe). This morning my green thumb sister in-law took us to the "Disneyland" of gardening. As we toted our five kids in both Gabi and I had the same reaction... Oooooo Ahhhhh. The place was gorgeous. Every type of plant, pot and accessory was there on display. It was awesome just having Carey there, it gave me more confidence in this area that I so desperately need help. This afternoon while the kids took a great nap, I was able to get all the flowers planted. I wanted to plant a pot of herbs but I couldn't find my seeds I just purchased. Hopefully they will turn up here soon... nonetheless I was very excited about my 7 pots. Now I guess we will have to see how long they live.

AFTER
My Plants (a close-up)

4 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda,
That looks awesome! You did a great job! Do you want to come over and do some containers for me?!

Love,
Carey

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Homemanager said...

Linda,
Great job! What plants do you have in your pots?
I picked up some herb plants at the groceries store. They sell the most common ones with roots: Dill, Basil, Thyme and Oregano. So I cheated! :o)
I planted them yesterday.
I love gardening, not that I'm very good at it, but I learn so many spiritual lessons from it.
Have a blessed day!
Karen

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger G. F. McDowell said...

Must have been Four Seasons. I've hit them for Mother's Day gifts for the past two years now.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger steveswife said...

Hey, Linda, your plants look great! Perhaps gardening will be your new skill for your third decade!

I love your blog so much that I decided to set one up too. I may need some remedial help on how to attach pictures. This is about as much "scrapbooking" as I can do these days!

Love you,
Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home