Monday, April 24, 2006

Girl Movie Marathon


This week is spring break for many of the students in our youth group. Steve is currently with most of the high schoolers down in Gulfport. Today was there first day of work. I haven't heard any news about how things are going.. but usually no new is good news. At least that was our saying last year when our church sent a 55 person team to Cameroon, Africa.
Tonight I had a gathering for the junior high girls... Girl Movie Monday... we called it. About 12 girls of the 16 girls were able to attend. We watched "Wives and Daughters"... actually only half of it because it is a 5 hour movie. We are going to finish the movie tomorrow afternoon. I must say it is very good. It is a Jane Austen type movie. A Must See. (Take into account I don't know how it ends just yet.) The girls' commentary on this film was fun and lively. The writers had quite a way of revealing the characters and the plot. I think the girls thought it was a hit, we originally were going to end at 9:30 but extended it to 11:00.
Anyone have any suggestions on other good 'Jane Austen type' movies or books that are a MUST SEE or READ? I would be very interested.

9 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting on my blog. I'll have to check out this book/movie. I've heard other good things about it. Besides "Middlemarch" I recommend "Anna Karenina," although I haven't seen any movie versions and I have a feeling they wouldn't be that good. "Rebecca" is also a fantastic novel. Not Jane Austinish but more "gothic" and the movie version is good.

BTW, how did you find my blog? I notice that you'd commented on Briana's blog? Do you have connections with people I know? Through blogging it's become such a small world!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Nicole Seitler said...

Danielle, she left a comment for me too. She must like us Chesapeake Chicks. ;)

Linda, I adore the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice myself. :) I’ve read Wives and Daughters. I didn’t know there was a film version. Good book.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Hi Ladies,
I found your blogs on Kristie's: Our Pursuit --> http://www.cormany.blogspot.com/
How do you all know each other, church? I have had a fun time reading and resonating with other Christian ladies' sites.

Thanks for your comments.

By the way.. We finished the movie. It was great!!! If you are looking to seeing it, look at the library. That is where I got this copy.

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Nicole could explain this better. Basically, Nicole used to go to Kristie's church in Tenn. but now goes to mine (Chesapeake Community Church). I actually don't know Kristie except through her blog, but Nicole obviously does. How do you know Kristie?

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I am not sure exactly. She commented on my blog recently and I on hers.. but I can't remember how it happened.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Nicole Seitler said...

Kristie is best friends with my old roommate, Suzanne. Suzanne started a blog for her toddler twins and sent me a link. That's how I found lots of my friends from Knoxville. Then, through Kristie's blog, I started to meet people IN MY OWN CHURCH! Isn't that the funniest? Now we all keep up with one another. ;)

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Linda said...

That is funny.. and how fun!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Karen Hevesy said...

And I found you through Danielle's!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

hey Linda, I'm glad you had a good time with the girls...I missed them all on friday night. You should definately see Emma and read it. it's great! all of Jane Austen's six major books are excellent. Emma, Persuasion, and P & P are the best

 

Post a Comment

<< Home