Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The fun & not so fun mommy moments

What a day! It began at 1 am when our little Juju bean kept choking whenever we would lie her down. She has a bit of a head cold. This had us up for a while til my wonderful hubby took charge and decided to sleep with her in the recliner. I probably shouldn't say sleep.. it was more like cylical cat nap.
Well morning came and my energetic toddlers were not hindered by their dragging mother. Luckily, my shifting gear process didn't take that long today. I had enough of this cold that keeps cycling through our home. GG - Sam - Juju - Dad - Sam - GG - Juju this has been the pattern. Anyway, I pulled out the chemicals and decided to attack any "sick germs" still lingering. That means trying to track the most touched areas by my 2 little germ spreaders. I feel very satisfied even though my hands are cracking from the water and pinesol.
I felt so inspired, so I took some long awaited pictures. (Sorry, Mom for not taking these sooner.) I am really hoping that you mothers of multiple children can relate. I have great intentions of getting pictures of our parents' legacy but it often slips my mind. Here is a picture from our photo shoot:So for the most part the photo shoot went well. Lunch came and went fairly uneventful. All three were pretty tired. As I ushered the kids to bed I realized that their favorite blankets were in the washer.
Oops! I think the photo shoot thought replaced this thought entirely. Then came the break down.... you know the cries of tired, sick and dramatic toddler. As they were wailing in harmony, I tried to console and assure that their blankets would be dry when they awoke. Nonetheless, they ended up falling asleep with tears and whimpers.
Gabi always wakes up first so today we decided to have a "hot chocolate" tea party. It was very cute some of her favorite dolls joined us for the tea party. Then after we were done she had the great idea of washing her dishes (what a helper!!).

We are now preparing for dinner. Hope you enjoy the pictures. We sure enjoyed taking them.

7 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Julia said...

I want some of those pics, what a C-U-T-E crew you have!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger G. F. McDowell said...

I almost hate to say it, but little Sammy is kind of cute when he is sad and tired and pouting, about to whimper and moan. You can see him fighting his emotions.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

wow!! That is an excellent picture! I can relate to the family sickness-my brother is the current germ carrier

-Elisabeth

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia Baca wants mas fotos- Porfavorcita

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

I'm sorry you all don't feel well

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Cute story about the blankets.

When my son was a toddler he was so attached to his blanket that he would sit by the dryer until it came out. He told me he prefered it cold and dirty to warm and clean.

Once I hung it on the clothesline on a breezy summer day and he stood right there under the clothesline holding onto a corner of it.

Your story brought back some memories!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Oh, I should tell you that my son is 24 and getting married in May.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home