Thursday, August 31, 2006

Team Turtlefeet at the Richmond Race

Let me introduce Team Turtlefeet. Our Tuesday and Thursday morning track time showing has been around 20-30 people (includes kids). This has been just a fun time for everyone. It is open to anyone who would like to join us. We have walkers, runners, trikers, bikers, watchers and icepop eaters. It is such a treat to be able to run and monitor the kids the entire time.. either riding their bike around track, or playing in the long jump sand pit. They have lots of space, lots of friends and lots of fun. The attending ladies have been all ages and phases of life. It is fun to excerise together and chat or pray while we walk... (only some can talk and run at the same time.. I cannot.) It is mainly about our encouraging our relationships with each other... and in the process exercising (otherwise we could do the "exercising" on our own). As a goal to help us keep challeging ourselves to increase mileage (either in running or walking). Some decided to run in some races together. This past Saturday was our second. It was so fun to see Team Turtlefeet well represented. We had 9 racers (runners and walkers), 5 adults in the audience and 8 children cheer'ers. I think everyone accomplished their goals during this race... which is a bonus. But really the treat is that we did it together.

4 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger MM said...

What a lot of fun! I wish I lived closer.... :( Great picture of your team!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

That's awesome!!!! I get your comment now...I hadn't read your blog! Yeah, my internet has been pretty horrible, so I haven't done much looking around. Thanks for commenting, though, and congratulations!!!! Sounds like a lot of fun.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Linda, you guys look great! I know Christine was really excited about it. :-) I got my own blog on here for fun and found a whole church group, which is pretty cool. Hope you are doing well.

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Linda - that's really neat that you have all done this. I just heard about this "opporunity" for fellowship from another friend a week ago (late September!) - I had no idea! I walk the kids to and from school everyday (well, most days, except for those when I need to run errands) and that's my exercise and precious time with them talking about their day. It is great connecting time to walk, isn't it? To get time w/people we want to talk to (fellowship and prayer and all that) and get the kids some outside time and excercise too is a triple blessing. Hope the fall continues to go well for you in this endeavour! -MAT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home