Friday, October 26, 2007

Seven kids... quiet ... too good to be true.

We had an extra 3 kids join us this morning. It was surprisingly quiet most of the morning. I had to do very little mediating among the older kids which was a pleasant delight. I think I had my expectations set correctly with the two year old girls... They are just learning how to share. The boys played in Sam's room so well that I was able to have all the girls help me make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. They enjoyed measuring, mixing and cracking the eggs. In the meantime, I was quite impressed at how well the 4 year old boys were playing together. They were diligently working... with the toy saw and a cardboard box. I was pleased that I didn't need to break up fights or try to get these 2 stubborn boys to share. After a while, they all went outside to swing on our tree rope. After our friends left, I went into the room where the boys had been playing. I notice they had made a rope out of some packing tape and tied all of their tools to the bunk bed. Then I noticed they had found my tripod and had taken it apart. Then they proceed to stab the wall over and over again... so now there are little holes all over this one section of the wall. I thought the quiet was a little too good to be true.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger steveswife said...

Never a dull moment! These are two very industrious little boys! Maybe they can pour their little energies into drywall repair and painting!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Homemanager said...

Oh my! Yes, quiet can be delightful and yet deceiving. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home