Tuesday, January 10, 2006

How sweet is His forgiveness!

It amazes me how quickly pride and a judgmental spirit can infiltrate my heart. It seems to happen to me most when there is a legitimate issue or concern. It is if I am standing on a slippery slope, I can objectively observe something especially in those who I love and know the best, but I can quickly slip down the hill of thinking that I know better or that I would do it correctly. Yuck.
Romans 2:1 Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
Praise God that He does not let me get away with it. That He has put His Spirit within me to hate the darkness and love the truth. I wrestle and squirm until I come to Him in repentance. Praise God that I have a husband that loves to speak truth to me, and help me through the muck not by agreeing or adding a his own thoughts but by reminding me of the Cross of Christ. It is here, where both my husband and I and my sister who I judge, sit at His feet, gazing with thankfulness. What an overwhelming reality. Christ died on the gruesome cross for the sins of the elect. Wow! Even the sin of judging my sister in the Lord is covered by His sacrifice. How much I have been forgiven and how much do I need grace! Praise God that He is eager to forgive my sins when I come in humility before the throne! Oh may my the entirety of my life be consumed by knowing, going and praising the cross of Christ!

1 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger G. F. McDowell said...

yep. Hey, I had a good time with my folks. Update you later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home