Friday, January 06, 2006

PLAYING IN SNOW IS FUN!!!!!


PLAYING IN SNOW IS FUN!
After about 45 minutes of putting on all the gear: long underware, 2 pairs of socks, 2 shirts, a fleece, snow pants, coat, hat, mittens and of course big boots, we headed outside to play. It was quite funny. Sammy-boy could hardly walk in all that gear. Which made him a site to see. But then the real challege came, WALKING IN THE SNOW. He would take a step and then just do a huge face plant in the snow. Of course we are still in the whinny stage.. so there is no "Help Me Mommy" it is just "ahhhhhhhhh....." Gabi seemed oblivious to the little packer fan. She had a grand time just shoveling snow into her pail. The wind was blowing pretty hard so we didn't stay out for too long. I got the sign Gabi-girl was ready when she came over and with her mitten off and a tear from the wind streaming down her chubby little check. I asked her if she was cold and she just looked at me. I took that as a yes. It was lunch time anyways. So instead of making Sam walk all the way back to the house only to watch him fall about 1000 times, I carried him in. Once we were inside we tore all the layers off in about 3 minutes and left a big puddle and mess. That seems about right. I remember us girls when we were little doing the same thing: trying to get all the snow gear off without stepping in a puddle to get your socks all wet.
Well that was our morning in a nutshell. Fun, cold and funny!

3 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are much more ambitious than I, my friend. Just *reading* your snow story made me tired. :) Grocery shopping with two (and a trooper named Kris!) was the end for me! Wish we could come and play in the snow with you guys though. Reminiscing days gone by....
love mm

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger G. F. McDowell said...

Hey, has it ever occurred to you that Sammyboy resembles a baby emperor Penguin? The Packers jacket makes him look like some sort of green penguin. You should rent "March of the Penguins" and watch it. It is a surprisingly good movie.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I hope you are joking.. about it being a good movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home